Vacation vs Sight-seeing

On our recent trip to the US, I and my wife visited many US cities across the East and West Coast.  This was my 3rd visit to the US - so I had already seen many of the sights.  But this was my wife's 1st visit to the US - so everything was new to her.

In my enthusiasm to show her various places I would make her hurry so that we can cover a lot more ground in a day and hence enable her to see more places.  I was therefore constantly hustling her to walk faster - and she started resisting this. I would get irritated at this and would remind her that I have already seen these places, and the only reason why I was hurrying her was so that she could see all the places and sites that I had seen on my previous visits. I wanted her to get value for money - and she should be able to proudly say "I have seen all that requires to be seen in these cities".

In my eagerness to show her places I had forgotten that this is not just a sight-seeing trip - it is also a vacation in which we should enjoy the journey.  It was not merely ticking boxes.

Towards the later part of our travel, I realised the error of my ways and eased the pressure - though grudgingly.  I later felt sorry for putting my wife under so much time pressure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Customer Service - Difference Between India and US/Europe

Cancer detection